Saturday, October 14, 2017

10/14/17

Checked the Fat Calculator and I'm ranging between 19-22% depending on which measurement I use. I tend to use with my gut at widest and expanded and then try to do "relaxed." This gives me a FFMI of 20.7 which is a little higher than last check which was 20.1.

Next week is Deload week! (EDIT: One more week before deload!)

Here's what I lifted today:

Incline Bench Press - 105 pounds, 2 sets of 5, one set of 8, and one of 12.

Assisted Pull-Ups with -45 pounds, 3 sets of 5, one set of 12.

Overhead Press with 20 pound dumbbells, 2 sets of 5, two sets of 12.

Curls with 20 pound dumbbells, 3 sets of 5, one set of 9.

Deadlifts for 165 pounds, 3 sets of 5, and one set of 8.

Squats for 135 pounds, 3 sets of 5 and one set of 10.

ABOUT THE BLOG: This blog started years ago to talk about self-care and weightlifting. It stopped for a few years. It was been restarted when I was told that I was diabetic. I had an A1C of 9.3. A1C is an estimate of your blood sugar level over the last 3 months and 6.5 is pre-diabetic, and usually over 7 is considered diabetic. In March I was re-tested and my A1C was 5.0! That's below pre-diabetic (so, essentially non-diabetic). It was nice to have my doctor say, "you used to be diabetic." I'm still working on improving my insulin sensitivity and not thinking I'm out of the woods yet. My September retest came back with and A1C of 4.9. It is exciting

The results were from diet and exercise. Here is a quick summary of how I responded to being diagnosed as diabetic. I'm going to post this review every so often. Mostly when I post the blog to Twitter or Facebook.

My lifting approach was to gain muscle to help with insulin sensitivity so I focused on compound exercises mostly (deadlift, bench, squat, overhead press) with some other things to round out lat pulldowns, rows, and side lateral raises. I'm currently still doing full body for some muscle development and more focused on strength for a few months. That's why I'm doing 4 sets of 5 instead of 3 sets of 8 or more.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?