Monday, September 14, 2020

5K September 2020

Got to the 5K of the "couch to 5K" program. My average pace was 9 minutes and 36 seconds per kilometer. That felt pretty good. What was most interesting was that I was worried about running because my blood pressure in the morning was 153/100, which is fairly high. I can sometimes bring it down several points with some breathing exercises. That wasn't working yesterday.

I decided to run it anyway and just see what the blood pressure would be afterward. I ran. I may have hit the "runner's high" because I felt good afterward. I had some quick challenges come at me via text on the way home. I felt like they were managed and then remembered to check my blood pressure. It was 115/77 about 15 minutes after the run, and dealing with some last minute minor stresses. That was exciting. While still not low, this morning my blood pressure was 137/90. The last couple of weeks after the 3k and 4k I was about 141/97. 

I'm thinking that 5 kilometers may be the distance that has a significant impact. I wasn't tracking my blood pressure before and after until now. I'll have to keep experimenting. I have done a few breathing exercises that lower blood pressure in the past. I tried 100 4-count jumping jacks and didn't have an immediate drop. I'll try 3 sets as well as the stretches. Maybe next Monday I'll get back on the calisthenics. 

KEEP GRINDING!!!



Comments:
You have a lot to be proud of Enrique. Well done. I hope you're feeling good about the progress you've made. I started incorporating box breathing to my work day, as I sometimes catch myself letting the stress build up. That and goal setting have been the two Seal skills I've used the most. It's crazy to see how much of a difference exercises like these can make. Just a little focus goes a long way. What's your go-to these days when box breathing doesn't help as much as you might need?

I'm feeling proud of my diet discipline these days. Eating really well, allowing myself a structured cheat day every 5 days, and am almost in full fat loss mode. And these 4 sets of 20 on my lifts are killing me, in a good way. I never thought I'd struggle to bench 95 pounds. lmao.

Looking forward to seeing the goals next up in line. No doubt you'll crush it. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?