Sunday, September 22, 2019

Almost Fall 2019 Check In

Some things I've been able to do over the summer.

Supported a friend try to reverse his diabetes. He started fasting and took himself off of insulin pretty quickly. I encouraged him to keep checking in with his docs. He said he did. He did a lot of 3 day fasts and tried to keep on the intermittent fasting on other days. He went from 240 to 206 over the summer and his blood pressure was 100/62 (120/80 being considered good). He went for blood work and will find out his A1C soon.

Stuff I did for my workouts. I ran an 8 minute mile. I started by running 12 minute mile and just challenge myself to get faster each run.

I've continued to run one to three times a week. I'm currently doing 2 mile runs on the treadmill. Most of the time I'm running between 9 to 12 minute per mile pace. I'm more focused on running with good form and slowly getting back up. In October I may go for two and a quarter or two and a half mile runs. The goal is still to do 3 miles consistently by December.

Three weeks ago I started training heavier again on the lifts and I'll share what I did this week. It was tricky figuring out good weight since I had backed off for a bit. It also seems like there is a desire for me to post more often. I will do as much as I can.

Tuesday
Warmup on bike
Squat 135lbs x 5 repetitions, 155x5, 185x5, 195x5 and 205x5
Leg Curl 85 for 3 sets of 5
Seated Calf Raises 40 for 3 sets of 25
Push-ups 2 sets of 50
Stretching

Thursday
Warmup on bike
Bench Press 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 165x5, and 170x5
Hammer Curl 5lb dumbbells' for a set of 25, 10 for 20, and 15lbs for 3 sets of 11
Push-ups 42, 20, 20, and 25
Assisted Pull-ups -95lbs for 4 sets of 10

Saturday
Warmup on bike
Deadlifts for 135x5, 185x5, 185x5 and 205x5 with overhand grip, then 235 with mixed grip for 5 reps.
I was feeling wiped out and didn't want to lift too much so I decided to test my push-ups. I did 71 in two minutes then I took a break and did 39.

I'll deload this week so there won't be much going on. I may still post those workouts. It will be 5 sets at 135 on the big lifts.

It's interesting noticing how much people pay attention to this blog. For me it's more of a log of workouts than a blog. My comment section shows that people follow me much more than I expect.

KEEP GRINDING!!



Comments:
Well done Enrique, you and your friend. And I'm amazed by the progress you've made with your running. Seeing results like this is inspiring.

Yesterday I ended 10 days of keto by eating more carbs, following the same diet I started when first getting on this path to better health almost 7 years ago (AKA 80 lbs ago). I've been reflecting a lot, grateful for the lifestyle changes I've made along the way.

Keep up the good work!





 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?