Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Time to Step Back

Coach Lee from The PowerPlant has been checking in with me and has suggested that I stop most lifts for at least a week. Given that my lift schedule is usually Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday that means that it will likely be the 18th the next time for deadlifts, rows, rack pulls, overheads, bench, etc. Squats will be played by ear. They have been OK so far.

This means that there will be more calisthenics. I'll do dead hangs and skip pull-ups and dips for at least the same amount of time that I'm not doing most lifts. The 100 push-ups a day will continue.

What will I be doing besides squats? 4 count jumping jacks, burpees, sit-ups, flutter kicks, air squats, mountain climbers, wrist roller, grip machine, seated leg lifts, back extensions (not the hyper-extensions), dead hangs, single leg box squats, monster walks, and more.

Had the buddy who is working on reversing diabetes call. I was not able to get to the phone because of work. We were able to check in by text. He was having a rough morning and at least reaching out was helpful. While individual fortitude and toughness is important, things work better as a team. There is research showing that "survival of the fittest" more realistically means that species survival goes to animals that work best in groups.

A quick update on the bike and run work. I've been testing the perceived exertion and it seems to hold true that we can find ways to talk our body into doing more. The central governor approach has something to it. I was able to get to 5 miles more than a little ahead of last time and I was on less sleep. On days that were lift days I'll do the original high intensity interval training (HIIT) I started with (20 second sprints and 2 minutes recovery).

We will see how it goes! I'll check in again over the weekend.

KEEP GRINDING!! KEEP HIITING!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?