Saturday, June 08, 2019

06-08-19 Check In

So after Tuesday I switched to no weight lifting. What that means is to ride the exercise bike 20 or more minutes. I've been using a setting called "rolling hills" with the goal of getting 5 miles in 20 minutes. That requires me to average 95 RPM for the speed. My heart rate gets to 150 beats per minute at times. 160 was the highest for this week.

Then I do some calisthenics. Usually 5 circuits of exercises. I can write and post these if there's interest in that. Today I didn't make it to the gym so I ran 1.04 miles around 6PM. The first full mile in a long time (literally years). I did 50 push-ups, walked a lap, then ran 4 laps, then walked a lap and did another 50 push-ups.

The longest bike ride of the week was 25 minutes plus 5 minutes of cool down. That had me sweating more than usual. It is still interesting to notice the "second wind" effect. The video below relates to that.

I missed reporting push-ups one day so I did 110 on the following day. On another day in the calisthenics workout I did 147 push-ups, and one day I did 60 burpees and 100 push-ups for 160 on that count. I also do sit-ups every day and have done 4 count jumping jacks, back extensions, mountain climbers, and more. I get to 3rd or 4th circuit and tell myself, "no one will care if I stop as long as I get my 100 push-ups in." Then I talk myself to get back to finishing up to the 5th circuit.

I ran into lots of friends today. I had a few people tell me that I look well. One person even said they didn't recognize me at a distance. I am still not motivated by "looking good." However some people mentioned how even doing a few air squats, or push-ups once a day helps them in one way or another. That ends up inspiring me. Even though I'm consciously pushing hard it is great to remember that everything counts. So even if you aren't going to a gym every day, or running several miles a week, it's great to do something. Challenge yourself to do 10 push-ups, sit-ups, or air squats a day. Once you start if you feel like doing more, go for it! Share your story, it inspires me and others.

For me it's part of my diabetes reversal which I know takes a lot of work. If you can prevent getting to that, it's even better. It's also diet, sleep, and mental attitude. Work those things as well. I don't know if I'm sharing enough or too much on any of those topics.

KEEP GRINDING and KEEP HEALTHY!!!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?