Saturday, May 25, 2019

5-25-19 Weekly Check In

This week felt very hectic. Got my training in still. I'm feeling tired often and still trying to build up some aerobic endurance as hopefully a way through that.

Cardio days still are essentially 25 minute exercise bike rides and some calisthenics. I'm working on consistently getting 5 miles consistently. It is interesting to notice that my heart rate sometimes goes down while at 90 RPM, sometimes needs to be at 80. It depends on the resistance and where I am in the program.

It was good to share about the push-ups earlier in the week. It has been good to push, and good for me to use it as a way to send good vibes to a friend who could use them. I've noticed that I have started to forget to report them to her daily. So I'm adding 10 push-ups when I do that. I'm going to add 25 on days I forget for any reason. So on a day when I forget to report, next day is 110. If I fail to do them for any reason I'll do 225 (100 for the day and 125 for the day before).

I ran .45 miles today. Longest run since I've started running again. It was good to have family and friends with me. It was after hanging out in a pool and playing tag with my grandson for about an hour and a half. That after training in the weight room this morning. We talked about injuries. I remember looking for that balance between strain and injury.

Before I started running my hips and legs felt really tight and I was expecting to have a painful run. As I started running that seemed to go away. So there is some balance between giving too much attention to something painful and letting it stop you, and not giving enough and getting a real injury. When I dropped the weight squatting earlier this week I was partially expecting to be hurt. I kept my mind on by body healing and that the pain was part of the healing process. Turned out there was ultimately much less pain and discomfort.

Here's my weight training for the week. I'll keep adding small distances to my runs and hope that with that and more intense calisthenics I'll have more energy for my increased work loads. To me it feels like I'm needing more to manage energy than time.

Tuesday:
Bike, Range of Motion, and stretching
Squat 155x5, 175x3, and 200x3
Partial set on 15 on the rack 245 for 5 singles, I dumped the 3rd while trying to rack
Seated calf raises 55lbs for three sets of 10
Circuit of push-ups, sit-ups, burpees, mountain climbers and jumping jacks for 5 sets of 10 each
Stretch

Thursday:
Bike, Range of Motion, and stretching 
Bench Press 120x3, 140x3, and 155x10
Bar curl 30lbs x20, 40lbs x18, and 50lbs x15
Circuit of push-ups, sit-ups, burpees, and air squats for 5 circuits of 10 resps each
Stretch

Saturday
Bike, Range of Motion, and stretching 
Deadlift 185x3, 210x3, and 240x3 (I need to remember to do the "+" on last sets)
Overhead press 45lbs x5, 5, and 15
Gripper 52.5lbs for a 5 sets 10, 15, 15, 15, and 30 (trying to get my grip up for deadlifts)
Push-ups 10, 25, 25, 25, 25 for 110
Circuit of hang on pull-up bar for 16 seconds, 10 sit-ups, single-leg squat 5 on each side for 3 circuits
Toe raises for 3 sets of 20
Stretch

KEEP GRINDING!!


Comments:
Well done Enrique,
Learning more about all you do during the day, I have even more respect for all the hard work you put in towards your health and well being. Makes me curious to know how many hours of sleep you average per night. LMAO!!

This minor issue with my knee has slowed me down for the past month or so. I let the frustration affect my diet, but am still eating one meal a day almost daily. I just allowed myself to eat more than usual for a week or two, and allowed for more cheat days. I have since bounced back and am in my second week of a grueling upper body routine for the next 2 months. Letting my knee rest and contemplating an MRI, now that I finally have health insurance. :)
 
Take care of that knee!

I don't sleep enough. Stress eating is definitely a real thing. So while I do a lot for health there is still more, stuff that falls into self-care.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?