Tuesday, May 21, 2019

5-21-19 Last Week's Check In

This post is a little late. It is for last week. I have worked out this week. I had to dump a squat for the first time ever today. I wasn't expecting it so I didn't have the safety bar set, it was on one. I learned to not relax my muscles until I know the weight is racked or until I dump it. I thought I had it racked correctly and then it started falling. Lesson learned. 

I've been working at 100 push-ups a day. I've missed a day here and there, then I do them the next day (so 200 on days after I miss). A friend keeps telling me that I'm super committed to push-ups. It's really that I'm doing this as a way to show support for a friend who has breast cancer. After she told me I asked her to choose between squats and push-ups. She chose push-ups and I told her I would do 100 a day for 2019. I wish I could do more than push-ups. Sending a daily text with "100" has felt good and she appreciates it. It's one way to send positive energy to others and I'll continue at least until December 31.

I did cardio as usual. I ran a longer lap on two days last week. While running I feel some discomfort and start worrying. Usually I'll remember to try to reframe the discomfort as my body growing stronger. Helped so far. 

So on to the lifts... (I lift in pounds)
Tuesday:
Bike, Range of Motion (ROM) warm-up, and stretching
Squat 145x5, 165x5, and 185x5
Partial Squat with the rack pin on 16. Since it was first time I did 135 then 225 for one each. Then a set of 5 singles with 245. I'll do that weight all the way down as far as I can get under safely. It was a partial where I dumped it today so I'll have to be careful.
Then I did the following as a circuit for 5 rounds of 10
Push-ups, Sit-ups, Burpees, 4 count Jumping Jacks. 
Seated Calf-Raises 35x12 for 3 sets
Stretch

Thursday: 
Bike, ROM, and stretching
Bench 120x5, 130x5, and 155x5
Push-ups for 5 sets of 20
Assisted Pull-ups for 5 sets of 11 at -100lbs
Had to work early so I cut it shorter than usual

Saturday:
Bike, ROM, and stretching (Maybe I should just write "warm-up" here)
Deadlifts 175x5, 200x5, and 225x5 (did overhand grip for first 3 reps)
Gripper 50x15 for 3 sets (will work on grip in a lot of ways until I fix comment above)
Endurance Circuit
Push-ups, Shoulder engagement pull-up, Sit-ups, Burpees, 4 count Jumping Jacks for 5 sets of 10
Machine Rows 60x15, 75x12, and 90x10
Seated Calf-Raises 50x12 for 3 sets

I forgot to stretch! Then I went to a park and did a lap.

KEEP GRINDING!! KEEP HIITING!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?