Thursday, April 25, 2019

Recovery Week Training 2019

I've been feeling exhausted so I figured definitely no weight lifting this week. Two days and I'll be done with the meet. I ended up skipping Monday, Thursday, and I'll skip tomorrow. I'm still doing my 100 pushups though.

Here's what I did on Tuesday and Wednesday:
Exercise bike for 25 minutes set on "fat burner" with a focus on having my heart rate above 125 beats per minute. Worked up a good sweat. I'll probably increase time going forward.

Used the Gripper at 35lbs for 3 sets of 20

360 Hip Rotation for 3 sets of 10
10 sets of 10 pushups in between different exercises
Elevated single leg squat 3 sets of 5 on each side
Monster walk for 10 steps each side with 10 air squats at the end of each round for 3 sets
Standing ITB stretch on each side for 30 seconds 3 times each side
Single leg standing active ham stretch 3 times each side
Static calf stretch 30 seconds each side
Standing quad stretch 30 seconds each side
Seated figure 4 stretch for 30 seconds each side

I'm sleeping as much as I can this week. It was definitely a week of feeling tired and I hope that time off is the right approach. Next week will be light and maybe starting some different types of exercises after that, including getting some shoes for running.

KEEP GRINDING! KEEP HIITING!

Comments:
In my opinion 100 pushups counts as weight lifting. Good for you for getting those in, regardless of how you feel. I've been slacking on the cardio at the gym lately, though been hiking more. Even missed a workout last week, for the first time in a while. Prioritized work, impatient with the orientation process. I want to learn everything now. LMAO.

Hope you're getting enough sleep! I'm sure you know how much of a difference it makes when you get in enough hours. I'm sure you have all kinds of sh*t going on.

Good luck with the meet!

 
Sleep is still a challenge. I realized that after I did this I went to bed without my 100 pushups. I'll knock those out today.

Remember patience and self care. Set micro-goals, helps me keep from feeling overwhelmed and obviously I don't do it 100% of the time.

I can see the wanting to learn everything at once. I do that too! :)

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?