Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Keeping at it! March 2019 Edition!

Started the routine today.

Squats 135lbs for 5 reps, then 170x5, and 190x5. I did 210 for 3 however I'm not sure I went low enough for competition. Definitely going to stay at 210. I might go to 175 and 195 for the 2nd and 3rd sets.

Bench Press 135 for 5, then 165x5, 170x5, and finished with 175x5. I think that's a personal record for me. (I may go look through other workouts to see)

Deadlifts 135x5, then 200x5 and I stayed with an overhand grip with both hands at that weight which is hard for me. Followed that up with 225x5 and finished up with 245 for 5. On the last rep at 245 it felt like a knot in my muscles was opened up and it felt good for a second, then it hurt. I was able to remove the weights and put them back.

I followed that up with push-ups, I figured that was my test on how serious this injury might be. I was able to do three sets. First two sets were 42 pushups and I finished with a set of 16 for the 100.

I'm doing ice and heat. The ice pouch I have is huge so it looks way more dramatic than is necessary. Tomorrow is bike riding and cardio day. I'll see how it's going tomorrow. Thursday I'll see if I can do any lifts.

I texted Lee, my coach, from the gym and filled him in and let him know I could do the push-ups. He suggested ice, heat, and continue to move it so stiffness wouldn't set in. That helped.

A good friend I checked in with told me visualize the ice reducing the inflammation. I'm going to do that, and also continue to visualize my lifts. It's nice to feel confident that I'll be able to lift when April 27 meet comes up.

Using the 1 rep max (1RM) calculator my lifts are (last meet in parentheses):
Squat 229lbs (203)
Bench 204lbs (176)
Deadlifts 286lbs (270)

On to visualization and as always, KEEP GRINDING!!!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?