Sunday, March 31, 2019

First Week Last Month of April Meet Prep

I posted on my Tuesday lifts here. I continued to do calisthenics and bike cardio on non-weight days. I decided to keep lifting on other days. My bicep and forearm have been bothering me, yet not debilitating. Getting the 100 push-ups a day even with minimal discomfort has been good. It's a great thing to try and figure out fear of being hurt and adapting to check things out. Seems like this should be OK. I'll be away from weights until Thursday this week because of a conference. I'll just up my core work and calisthenics.

Thursday:
Bench Press, because I was worried about my arm I started with the bar (45lbs) for a set of 10. There wasn't any discomfort however I decided to stay slow. Then I went for 95 for 5, 135 for 5, then 165x5, 175x5, and finished with 180x3. I started with bench because the squat rack and deadlift platform were being used.

Squats 135lbs for 5 reps, then 177x5, and 195x5. Then I did 200 for 4. I dropped from 210 because I didn't feel I had good form. 

Deadlifts 135x5, then 205x5, 225x5 and finished with 245 for 5.  Even though I could have gone for 250 for 3, I felt it important to skip increasing weight for now. 

I think doing squats and then deadlifts back to back was rough. My lower back was hurting so I did my 3 sets of push-ups - 42, 42, and 16 for 100 before the final set on deadlifts.  


Saturday:
I made it after the Cesar Chavez event in the afternoon. There were a couple of people on the squat racks. So I changed up the order.

Deadlifts 135x5, then 205x5, 225x5 and finished with 245 for 5. Felt pretty good. 

Bench Press 135 for 5, then 165x5, 175x5, and finished with 180x4. 

Squats 135lbs for 5 reps, then 177x5, and 195x5. Then I did 202 for 5. There were weights that had 11lbs instead of 10 so I figured it couldn't hurt to add the 2 pounds. 

3 sets of push-ups - 42, 42, and 16 for 100. 

Feeling good overall. Back to ice and heat. 

Continuing to use the 1 rep max (1RM) calculator my max lifts for this week are (last meet in parentheses):
Squat 235lbs (203)
Bench 203lbs (176)
Deadlifts 286lbs (270)


KEEP GRINDING!!!

Comments:
Good for you for keeping up despite the challenges. It's so easy to take break or quit when times like these hit. Hope you're able to get back to the gym soon.

The OMAD routine continues for me. One meal a day for the last 16 days, except for Sunday when a friend took me to lunch, and ended up having a few beers with another later that day.

Feeling good about giving myself more breaks from a strict diet. Doing the same with the gym routine, moreso because I'm in fatloss mode and thinking more about maintenance and avoiding lifts that can trigger issues with the shoulder on occasion. Keep Grinding! :)
 
Made it back to the gym today. It was good. You're a good example of some serious discipline! I like OMAD (one meal a day) though I don't do it that often.

Lifting felt hard today yet I did some good pulls. I'll post on Saturday today and that day's workouts. :)

Keep Grinding and Keep Inspiring!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?