Monday, March 25, 2019

Final Prep for Gallup

Deload week is over and tomorrow starts my strength month. Today was moderate cardio with 3 sets of 3 minute sprints on the exercise bike with 3 minute rest periods, then some calisthenics.

Tomorrow I start the following program for my lifting days.
4 sets of Squats, Bench, and Deadlifts followed by HIIT on the bike. If I can't lift because of work, I'll do extra cardio.

Squats, 135x5, 170x5, 190x3+, and 210x3+ (if I can get to5 on either of those I'll go up in weight)
Bench, 135x5, 165x5, 170x3+, and 175x3+ (same as above)
Deadlifts, 135x5, 200x5, 225x3+, and 245x3+ (same as above)

Not exciting yet seems like it has worked in the past.

I haven't shared this online before. If you go to http://nasa-sports.com/records-index/ Go to Retro PL (for unassisted powerlifting) I'm on line 76. If you go to http://www.nasanmazrec.com/uer1_2.html I'm in the Unequipped Masters 2 category. I had chosen not to share before because I didn't think it was a big deal. If it helps to inspire someone to lift then it was worth it.


(This is for my own reference - my best in a meet is 203lbs Squat, 176lbs Bench, and 270lbs Deadlift. Hoping for a 5lb increase on each for the next competition. Some of my lifts already seem to be better and I still have one month to go!)

KEEP GRINDING!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?