Thursday, March 28, 2019

2nd Lift Day for Last Month of Prep

I went in to lift. I was worried about my arm. Also spent a lot of time the last 48 hours thinking about how we relate to pain and injuries. I think meditation, breathing exercises, visualization, and those types of tools have been working for me.

Because the squat rack was busy I went out of order and started with benching.

I started with the bar just in case there was an issue. Seemed fine. So I went up 135, 155, 165, 175, and ended with 180lbs for 3 repetitions.

On squat I did 135x5, 175x5, 195x5, and then because I wasn't certain I was lifting 210 with good form I did 200lbs for 4 reps. While I try really hard not to reduce weight it felt smart, and going against my ego, to drop weight. With that weight the 1 rep max calculator estimates I can do 226 for 1. Felt good overall, yet I can definitely feel that my lower back is challenged. I lift "raw" (no equipment) and know I could lift more with a belt and other equipment. I figure I'll lift what I can safely raw and deal with that.

Going back to deadlifts had me a little nervous. I did 135x5, then 205x5, 225x5, and my back was burnt from squats right into deadlift. So I did push-ups, a set of 42, then 42, and 16. After that I checked my fear and pulled 245 for a set of 5 repetitions.

Feels good to push through the mental fear, and still listen to my body. Saturday I'll have to lift after the Cesar Chavez event. I'll be at a conference early next week and not sure if I'll have access to weights. I figure I can do core work and let my arm heal. I'll keep doing the 100 push-ups a day!

KEEP GRINDING!



Comments:
Well done on the pushups! And overall.

Good for you for checking your ego. You know, mental strength will take you far with weight lifting, but can also f*ck everything up! I've been doing 3 full body workouts a week for a few months now, taking it a little easy, not pushing so hard. Giving maybe 95% effort. Feels good to have patience and not feel the need to be at 100% effort at all times. Been working out fasted for the first time ever this month.

Been doing OMAD for 8 days now. Feels good to master my diet in this way, and plan on going back to 18 hour daily fasting on most days, when I start the new job next week. How's your diet?

Good for you for keeping up with the blogging. I bet it helps keep the healthy habits strong.
 
Thanks for the feedback! Overall good. The diet fluctuates. Definitely my hardest part to manage. It's almost Holy Week so that gives me some time to extended fast.

I've added more salad to the diet. It helps balance things a lot. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?