Sunday, February 10, 2019

Breathing Exercises

I'll post two weeks worth of workouts tonight.

Something I've added to my overall training is to focus on breath. During workouts I try to pay attention and try to nasal breath as long as I can. I also do it for calming and to help maintain my blood pressure.

I ended up adding 2.5mg of amlodipine for my meds. I'm just accepting that for now. I'll keep working at it. I've noticed that some breathing exercises seem to lower my blood pressure.

There's an interesting guy who wrote a book called the Oxygen Advantage. Seems interesting so I'm trying out some of his stuff. Mainly I came across this work as a way to maintain calm during stressful situations. I'll share videos if there's requests for it.

I use a variety of approaches. The exhale being twice as long as the inhale is primary. I also do the 4-7-8 breathing and Box Breathing. I'm also checking out what are called CO2 tables.

Keep Grinding!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?