Tuesday, January 15, 2019

New Week! 1/15/19

So my Pops is in ICU and stable. So it is scary and comforting at the same time. He's been having lots of issues. It's always a challenge thinking about how to work in community and deal with family health issues.

I don't think I'm the family leader in a lot of ways. Seems to me like having things to take care of closer to home have impacted that role. It is what it is. I need to learn how to embrace that I have lessons to learn.

Usually Monday, Wednesday, and Friday is cardio day. Right now we do three sets of a 3 minute "sprint" and 3 minute recovery period. Then I have added some calisthenics. It's starting slow yet building over time. My wife told me today that it seems to be helping. Working out together has also led to more communication, even outside of workout stuff. So a double benefit.

I mentioned today that if we had more time I would support her through her workout and then do mine. However we do very different lifting and that time isn't available for me yet. I've also started about working out twice a day for a few weeks. Not sure that is doable, yet it is good to think about.

After the bike we do the following:
4 count jumping jacks
Wall push-ups
Sit-ups
Plank
Air Squats
Assisted Pull-ups
Then she does leg raises and I do the remainder of my 100 push-ups.

Today my workout was:
Bike warm up
Squat 140x3, 160x3, 180x5
Pull-ups 2, 2, 2, 1, 1 and a slow drop/hang
Push-ups 20, 20, 20, 20, 20
Lunges (not 4 count) 10, 10, 10, 10, 15
4 count jumping jacks 51
5 minute wall stretch

I may increase the calisthenics as well during this process. Not sets or exercises, just total number of reps.

KEEP GRINDING!!!

Comments:
I pray for you and your Dad, Enrique. It's tough. But may God bless you all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?