Monday, January 08, 2018

First Hard Workout of the Year

OK, getting back at it. Because of Saturday engagements I'm switching up this week to a M-W-F lift schedule and will bike on Tuesday and Thursday.

Here's what I lifted today:

Deadlifts 180lbs for four sets of 10.
Squats 145lbs for four sets of 10.
Incline Bench 110lbs for four sets of 10.

Body weight pull-ups for three sets of 3.
Overhead press with 30lb dumbbells for two sets of 12 and one set of 11.
Barbell Curls with 20lb dumbbells for three sets of 10.

It definitely felt like I had not lifted for a week. I weighed in at 160.0 which seems high for me. I know I can lose weight fast, I would rather do it steady. So I'll adjust my eating to try and maintain some muscle and lose some fat. 

KEEP GRINDING!


Comments:
The thing that really irks me about lifting weights is how ignored and underrated weightlifters are. As one of the original Olympic sport it's it generally ignored in coverage, football players use weightlifting all the time for their "sport" but no pure weightlifters are offered college scholarships, even partial, for weightlifting. Golfers, another "sport" with phony athletes get paid millions of dollars for hitting around a tiny little white ball. Weightlifters lift thousands of pounds weekly and monthly and yearly and get absolutely nothing. Pro golfers get millions, they get compted cars, free hotel rooms, and even women. Weightlifters get nothing. I've never been paid even $1 for my time in the weightroom. Pure discrimination.
 
Anon, you're an idiot. This is what bodybuilders, powerlifters, and all weightlifters have to look forward to:

https://bodybuildingworld.com/feature/muscle_size.html

Obamacare may have raised my healthcare costs to pay for other people's irresponsible lifestyles, but I'm not paying anymore.
 
If you really want to talk about discrimination, read this story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Padilla

A latino bodybuilder forced out of a competition simply because there was a risk he would beat two white competitors. So years later, racist Joe Weider threw him a bone and inducted him into the bodybuilding hall of fame, no no cash came with it. This is true racism that Latinos have suffered in and out of the weight room for years. Only guys like Enrique give a damn. White America doesn't give a damn. Trump certainly doesn't. But I'm going to dedicate my next work out to the truly inspirational vato loco, giant killer Danny Padilla!! Odale!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?