Saturday, December 02, 2017

1 year back at it!

Today is the anniversary of my starting to go to the gym on a 5-6 day a week schedule. Felt good to lift today. Was definitely tired from celebrating the new Mayor's inauguration.

While coming in from a smoke break my son was questioned by security. Luckily a White guy friend in a suit saw this and walked up and said, "hey this is my friend and we worked on Tim Keller's campaign together." That diffused the situation. Not much after that I went to get some chips and I was asked for my invitation. While I was wearing a "Tim 4 Mayor" t-shirt!!! So I will try to engage our new Mayor in talking about this profiling as a public health issue. He was definitely getting support for talking about more police for the City. I know when we have more cops because I tend to get pulled over more often. So here we go. Adventures from day 1!

Here's what I lifted today:

Deadlifts 200 for four sets of 8.
Squats 165 for 3 sets of 8, and one set of 10.
Incline Bench 125 for three sets of 8 and one set of 9.
Assisted Pull-Ups, I'll start with -40 pounds for four sets of 10.
Overhead Press 60 with barbell for two sets of 8, one set of 10, and one set of 12.
Curls 50 with barbell for three sets of 8 and one set of 12.

Improvement over Thursday. I'll go up 5 pounds on everything next week and if I can't get sets of 8 I'll stick with that weight until I do.

KEEP GRINDING!

Comments:
So much for our white savior mayor. It's not publicized, but the same thing happens at Hillary and or Bill Clinton and Nancy Pelosi events all the time. After the photo op to pull Latino votes they don't want a damn thing to do with you. "Gracias for the vote.By the way, who invited you to this event? You look a little too ethnic. Or are you with the catering staff?"

But don't worry, Enrique. I'm sure our new white savior mayor will quickly descend from the heavens, carried on the backs of naive supporters, to address the problem with stern and "heartfelt" lip service.

I'm sure the next time APD pulls you over your "I know Mayor Keller" defense and Tim 4 Mayor T-Shirt will stop them from dragging you out of the car and cracking your skull with a nightstick. Word.

But on behalf of our white savior mayor Tim Keller, "thank you for the votes, we'll progress together, people power, etc, etc, etc"
 
Thanks for the good laugh anonymous.
 
I don't blame corporations, or Enrique, for Enrique, Jr. smoking. I blame our pathetic society. If the only hope for the Latino community in the Burque is a lily-white career politician to save us there's basically no hope to determine our own future. Whether by putting a cigarette in your mouth and inhaling or putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger, I understand Enrique Jr's hopelessness for the future and would probably do the same thing if I had no other way to lift myself up from my life circumstance. It's sad.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?