Sunday, October 01, 2017

The New Workout Outlined

So my new workout is based on pulling together things from a variety of sources, so it may not work at all.

I'll be doing 4 sets of each. 3 sets of 5 and 1 set of 5+ or "AMRAP" (as many reps as possible). Same workout 3 days a week. No splits, all full-body.

I'll do mostly 3 weeks of increasing with one deload week (a week with low weights for recuperation). November is the only month with 4 weeks and one deload. I'll continue to do High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and might shorten the rest period. I'm still going to try to get to 20 on the resistance on the bike before changing things up.

For this first week:

Incline Bench Press - 100 pounds
Assisted Pull-Ups with -30 pounds
Overhead Press with 10 pound dumbbells
Curls with 10 pound dumbbells
Deadlifts for 160 pounds
Squats for 130 pounds

I was flat benching 150, deadlifting 225, and squatting 175 so those are going down. The others may seem light yet my goals for February are to pull-up with 45 pounds added, and shoulder press and curl 105. That's ambitious and I'll live if I don't get there.

I'm guessing in March I'll do a more traditional 5/3/1 program.

Some of the research that helped me get here. There's more and I don't always save the link.
Old guys!
Hypertrophy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?