Sunday, October 29, 2017

10/29/17 Weekend Check In

This week was crazy at work. Luckily it was "deload" week so it didn't mess with working out.

I did the High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) on the bike without adding resistance. I noticed that I was winded after the sprints yet so far from last December when I started. It was impressive to me. I think I will take the cardio test in the next couple of weeks.

My weight has been going up and down, still under 155. I think I will do some extra clearing out with a little longer fasting during November until my birthday. I plan on trying a "birthday year" again this year. Last year the diabetes diagnosis had me focusing more on diet and gym time.

For the week I lifted 3 times and did the same lifts each time. 4 sets of 5 for each exercise.

Incline Bench Press 100 pounds
Assisted Pullup -50 pounds
Overhead Press 15 pound dumbbells
Curls 15 pound dumbbells
Squats 130 pounds
Deadlifts 150 pounds


My goals for next week are:

Incline Bench Press - 115 pounds
Assisted Pull-Ups -35 pounds
Overhead Press 50 pound bar
Curls 50 pound bar
Deadlifts 175 pounds
Squats for 145 pounds


ABOUT THE BLOG: This blog started years ago to talk about self-care and weightlifting. It stopped for a few years. It was been restarted when I was told that I was diabetic. I had an A1C of 9.3. A1C is an estimate of your blood sugar level over the last 3 months and 6.5 is pre-diabetic, and usually over 7 is considered diabetic. In March I was re-tested and my A1C was 5.0! That's below pre-diabetic (so, essentially non-diabetic). It was nice to have my doctor say, "you used to be diabetic." I'm still working on improving my insulin sensitivity and not thinking I'm out of the woods yet. My September retest came back with and A1C of 4.9. It is exciting

The results were from diet and exercise. Here is a quick summary of how I responded to being diagnosed as diabetic. I'm going to post this review every so often. Mostly when I post the blog to Twitter or Facebook.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?