Saturday, September 16, 2017

Sept 16 - 2017

Fighting a cold so I missed lifting on Thursday. I tried doing my High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) with the bike resistance set to 20. Didn't work exactly as I went slow enough that the machine paused and reset to 0 resistance.

I'll try again and hopefully without a cold.

I did go lift today and decided to lift heavy. For those who see this for the first time, I'm doing a somewhat powerlift workout to try and gain overall muscle before focusing on any specific areas. I'm also lifting for my health and trying to get mass to help with blood sugar issues. I had a 9.3 A1C (diabetic range for blood sugars) to a 5.0 (below pre-diabetic range) in 3 months, and my follow-up test was 4.9 A1C, so hopefully I'm continuing to improve!

Here's what I did today.

Saturday (3 sets of 5 reps)
Deadlift 210, 215, and 215. I had the guy give me feedback on my form.
Bench 145, and two sets at 150
Squat 170, and two sets at 175
Machine Overhead Press two sets of 90 and one at 95
Machine Rows one set 130, and two sets of 135
Machine Pulldowns one set 110, and three sets of 115.
Dumbbell side raises 20lbs and 3 sets of 7, I'm increasing by one rep a week

I weighed in at 149.6, and I'm still trying to gauge that. I forgot to check my glucose and my waist size before breakfast. Maybe tomorrow.

I ran across this video and wonder if it useful. I think as far as trying to give myself arbitrary goals it should be OK. Also wondering if any of these physique types would look "funny" for me. Next week will be my heavy week before going into a deload week that includes travel.



The goals here are:
Warrior - 
Incline bench 5 reps of 1.1 bodyweight
Weighted chin-ups 5 reps with 30% bodyweight attached
Standing Shoulder Press 5 reps 0.7 bodyweight
Bicep Curls 5 reps 0.55 bodyweight
Waist 43-44% height

Greek God - 
Incline bench 5 reps of 1.25 bodyweight
Weighted chin-ups 5 reps with 50% bodyweight attached
Standing Shoulder Press 5 reps 0.85 bodyweight
Bicep Curls 5 reps 0.65 bodyweight
Waist 43-46% height

Superhero - 
Incline bench 5 reps of 1.4 bodyweight
Weighted chin-ups 5 reps with 70% bodyweight attached
Standing Shoulder Press 5 reps with bodyweight
Bicep Curls 5 reps 0.75 bodyweight
Waist 44-46% height

I'll probably calculate these with 135, 140, 145, and 150 as my weight as getting less than 50% waist hasn't happened for me yet and I'm not sure when I'm ready for that. After November I'll probably switch from my current routine to something focused on these lifts without giving up deadlifting, flat bench, squat, and back strength/size. 


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?