Tuesday, September 19, 2017

9/19/17

Forced myself to the gym today.

Did HIIT yesterday with the bike set on 20 for the sprints. I couldn't get it going. Still have a stuffy nose. I'll deload next week and start at 18 next month and try to get to 20 by November.

Today I lifted and did 3 sets of 15. It was challenging for sure and I'm glad I'm doing deload next week.

Deadlifts 140 pounds
Bench 100 lbs
Squat 115 lbs
Machine Overhead Press 60
Side lat raises with 10 lbs and I've been increasing reps, 18 this week.
Machine Rows 85 lbs
Machine Pulldowns 75 lbs

Had a good talk with a brother today about our workouts and it was good. We talked about stuff we don't usually get to talk about. So it was good for me. Makes me think I may change my workout next month. I've been on this workout for a while now. Still want to get my deadlifts and squat up. So keeping that and maybe doing the rest from the previous post.


I'm going to try this for my body fat tracking as that's probably better than my weight. I'm doing this first at night after dinner and all and will try again in the morning sometime this week. According to this I'm at 23%.

I used this calculator for that determination. (EDIT: Rechecked in the morning and I'm at 22% with 33 pounds of fat mass and 117 pounds of lean mass. I'll use that as a baseline going forward.)

Here is the video, I will keep tracking the body fat, it's easier than calculating all my body measurements though I will still do that. I'll start posting this on the sidebar as well.





Comments:
Found your blog again with a quick and easy web search. This blog is listed first.

Love the video. According to the photo graphic with different body fat %s, I'm at 20-22%. That sounds right. I've been following the recommendations from bodybuilding.com, and end up at 15%. I'm not too confident that it's correct. I'm already tracking 3 out of the 4 numbers required to follow your method, just gotta get used to measuring the neck, but that won't be hard at all.

HIIT is no joke! I took a 2 week break after doing 2 HIITs a week for 6 weeks. I went right back to it, but my mind was not at all prepared. I was dreading getting back on that bike, faced some fear and anxiety, probably because it's all or nothing with HIIT. Going all out is required for success, and it's not easy to always push myself to that level.

Looking forward to seeing more progress. You're doing great Enrique. Congratulations.


 
Thank you! For the years that I was away you were an inspiration. It is great knowing someone is in your corner backing you. The HIIT is tough. I think it's hard to gauge if I'm 100% until I realize it's hard to breathe.

Keep up the great work and I would love to feature your workout page if you'd like. Keep up the great work! It inspires me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?