Saturday, June 03, 2017

Weekend Check In

Today is my wife's birthday and I can proudly say that she made it to the gym and worked out!

Here's what I did this week. Sorry for no daily updates, just been busy.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - HIIT for 3 20 second sprints on an exercise bike with resistance set on 17. Looking back I realize I was supposed to do 16. A couple of times I stalled or the bike stalled. Haven't figured it out. Anyway I'll see if I can remember to stick to 17 next week. I can definitely tell the difference.

Tuesday
Deadlift, I ended up feeling like I could do more so I started with 115 for 3 sets of 12.
Bench for 3 sets of 12 reps and I started with 95 pounds, realized that I was gripping too close.
Squat for 3 sets of 12 reps and I started with 105 pounds and felt that it was too heavy.

Overhead Press one set of 30, and two sets of 50 for 12 reps. The same for the rest of the week on all of these.
Lat Pulldowns, Rows, and Abs machine for 3 sets of 12 with 70 pounds.

Thursday
Deadlift for 3 sets of 10 reps at 120 pounds,
Bench and Squat for 3 sets of 10 reps at 100 pounds and I could tell it's appropriate.

Overhead Press, Lat Pulldowns, Rows, and Abs machine for 3 sets of 12 with the same as above.

Saturday
Deadlift for 3 sets of 8 reps at 125 pounds.
Bench and Squat for 3 sets of 8 reps at 105 pounds.
I felt like my form was good yet didn't feel like pushing up the reps for today. Maybe next weekend.

Overhead Press, Lat Pulldowns, Rows, and Abs machine for 3 sets of 12 with the same as above.

Thanks to those of you who see me in person and give me feedback. When I first wrote this out I was going to drop one rep each week. I'll see how I'm feeling on Tuesday and play it by ear.

My weight and blood pressure have been maintaining similar. I haven't measured my waist in a while. It was 35 and 1/4 inches today. I'll track that and compare to my weight. I was at 143.2 today.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?