Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Week Two of Free Weights Begins!

OK, so not completely free weight. I'm still doing a lot on the machines.

Weighed in at 142.6 lbs. So I haven't really had the "yo-yo" weight fluctuation. My blood pressure was OK, and I forgot to bring it with me.

So I increased from 3 sets to 4 sets. After reading a bit, and getting back into my flow, I realize I should stay at 4 sets. I went for sets of 10 this week. I'll go for sets of 12 next week. If that works out then I'll increase weight and go to three sets of 8 to 10. Then repeat with 4 sets of 10, and go for 12, etc.

So here's what I did today:

Deadlift 115 for 4 sets of 10
Back Extension 130 for 4 sets of 10, and this was tough and I will likely stay at this weight for a while!
Shrugs 45 for 4 sets of 10
Lat Pulldowns 110 for 4 sets of 10 and the last set was tough!
Cable Pulldowns 95 for 4 sets of 10, I'm guessing the 4 sets of 12 will be rough!
Abs, I did 90 for 10, 110 for 10, 130 for 10, and then 150 for 4.

I was sore last week, so might be really sore tomorrow!

I had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant had only a small amount of rice. And had chicken salad an bananas for dinner. Ate later than normal. I'll check my blood sugar tomorrow and see if I'm fasting.

Here's another good video.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?