Saturday, May 06, 2017

First Week of Starting Free Weight

Yesterday was my third day of free weight lifting. Came in at 142.4 lbs.

I did 3 sets of squats with 115 pounds. Worked at keeping the form and think I did well.

I also did leg curls and leg extensions with 80 pounds focusing on form and slow release. This is called eccentric training. It was definitely much more difficult on the curls than the extensions.

Then I did 3 sets of 20 calf raises while holding 5 pound dumbbells, followed by one long superset of wrist curls and reverse wrist curls with 5 pound dumbbells. I also decided for this month that I would go up in sets each week, and only increase weight if something feels too easy. So next week is 4 sets, the following 5. Then I will see about increasing weight at 5 sets. That will lead me to go back to 3 sets at an increased weight and repeat. I'll see how that works out.

Calves are sore, so is where the bar sits across the back of my neck. I'm sure as I start my day I'll feel more soreness.

More people want to know about my eating. So I had 3 scrambled eggs, peanuts, and cheese for breakfast. I had a salad with chicken and bacon for lunch with a few pieces of fruit. For dinner I had a ton of enchiladas and about a beer and a half. We were at a wedding, and the tortillas were probably more carbs than I've had for a few weeks. Of course I drink as much water as I can. I'll see what I weigh in at today. I'm going to share this video later today on my FB page.



Today is my 3rd day of HIIT on the bike with resistance set at 17. I'll have to decide on what to do when I get to 20. Maybe I'll reduce the resting period by 5 seconds.

Have a great day! Keep Lifting, Keep HIITing!

Comments:
You're doing the right thing with diet, exercise, and intensity. The first year of diabetes is the toughest because easy to give in just once or twice. Watch out for the enchilada binges. They are wonderfully delicious but loaded with long lasting carbs unfortunately.
 
Thanks. My sugars have been over 100 for the last month. Today, after the Friday enchiladas, I came in with 93.

I'll keep tracking.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?