Sunday, March 12, 2017

Updates for last week

Still doing HIIT on the bike. I'm was on 11 for the resistance level. It was definitely tough. Going to try and keep going for the 20.

Weights dropped to sets of 10 and I'm changing it up for the next two months. Here is what the first week looked like:

Leg Press 210x10, 215x10, and 220x10. The rest followed the same pattern.
Abs machine 140, 145, 150
Back Extension 140, 145, 150
Lat Pulldown 115, 120, 125
Chest Press 120, 125, 130 for Monday and Wednesday. 120, 130, 150 on Friday. I couldn't resist trying to do close to body weight for the "bench."
Overhead Press 80, 85, 90 and I may stay here for another week
Rows 120, 125, 130

It's definitely getting to feel hard. The overhead press is definitely to failure. I'm going to keep the same weight on the first set at least until the end of March as kind of a warm-up set. Then I will continue to increase set 2 and 3.

Tomorrow I check my fasting glucose again and also see if I can get more test strips.

My blood pressure has been about 125-135/86-90. Not the best yet not terrible either.

My weight ranged between 150.8 to 152.8 pounds.

I had two letters last week. One saying that my A1C (estimate of average blood sugar over 3 months) and my cholesterol were excellent. Everything measured was within normal range.

Right now my hunch would be that my A1C might be in the 5.5 range next time. I will try to fast for holy week to help keep my body insulin resistant (edit, actually mean insulin sensitive here). I'm currently on a fairly relaxed intermittent fasting approach.

We shall see how this goes!


Comments:
Don't you want your body to be more insulin sensitive rather than insulin resistant?
 
Yes, a typo. I'll correct that. It was right before bed after a long day.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?