Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Adjusting to Life

Life is always a challenge. Many people REALLY want me to be, or at least identify as, middle-class. Financially I'm definitely not there. I do have a lot of independence in my job.

One of the great things in my life is my family. My daughter picked up this table yesterday and dropped it off at the house while I was at work. I put it together and will be re-arranging her old room so that I can practice music, store magic cards, do leatherwork and rope work in one room. I guess that's my version of a man cave. I guess it will be for me similar to what the garage was for my Jefito.

I decided to fast Monday to Wednesday this week instead of the alternate day approach. If I don't make it to tomorrow at dinner I can still fast on Friday. My weight yesterday was 155.8 which isn't bad. Kind of tells me that I'm at a plateau weight wise. I'm fine with that since the weight isn't a goal. My blood pressure was 119/79 with a resting heart rate of 65. I'm expecting to end up close to 160 after I add some carbs to my diet. My fasting glucose yesterday was 85 mg/dL and today is 88. I'm not planning to check tomorrow morning, if I continue fasting I'll check the glucose before dinner.

My partner worries about my fasting. So here is what I told her about my blood work results for next week. If my A1C is above 6.5 then I'll continue to fasting 3 times a week. If it's between 6.0-6.4 then it will be two days a week. 5.5-5.9 and I'll go down to one day a week. Below 5.5 and I'll stick to intermittent fasting (daily eating with no snacks, especially after dinner).

From talking with my doctor friends it seems like the expectations are that I will be at about 7. We shall see! Going down from 9.3 is a huge challenge.

OK so here's what my wonderful daughter helped me out with. It's really hard for me to ask for help in general, much more so from my family.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?