Saturday, January 28, 2017

Post Procedure

Procedure went OK. Took me off working out on Wednesday.

Monday was
Leg Press 185, 185, 185
Abs machine 115, 115, 115
Back Extension 115, 115, 115
Lat Pulldown 90, 90, 90
Chest Press 90, 90, 90
Overhead Press 55, 55, 55 third set was 8 reps
Rows 95, 95, 95

Friday was
Leg Press 185, 185, 185
Abs machine 115, 115, 115
Back Extension 115, 115, 115
Lat Pulldown 90, 90, 90
Chest Press 90, 90, 90
Overhead Press 55, 55, 55 all three sets to 12!
Rows 95, 95, 95

I hit 7 days in a row with fasting blood glucose of below 100 mg/dL! My weight on Friday morning was 160.8 and blood pressure is 117/76. I can't find the measuring tape so I don't know where my waist is at.

My sleep pattern seems to be thrown off from being knocked out on Wednesday. At least it let me catch up on the blog. I get inspiration to keep at it from my friend Roberto. A chunk of people have given me compliments this week. That's been cool. However Roberto has asked me deeper questions.

From what I'm reading from Dr. Fung it is cortisol (which raises insulin) and insulin which causes obesity and diabetes. So I asked several docs I know if they measure cortisol or insulin. I had answers like "it's not very useful clinically." This is interesting given that I've known these are risk indicators for working-class people and people of color. I'm also not a clinician so I'm not going to pass judgement, I'm just going to continue to educate myself. I can say that the standard advice of "graze" and eat a lot has not been useful. I've done better from fasting and having longer periods of low insulin. I think I've cleared most of the excess sugars from my system. My body is still recuperating from insulin resistance and that may take a while to reset.

The Complete Guide to Fasting has come in the mail and I'll start reading that. I'm still finishing up The Obesity Code and recommend it for others. Lots of people have come to talk to me about creating self care support groups. It's exciting.

Time to nap and get up for a HIIT bike workout by 8AM!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?