Friday, December 30, 2016

Initial Progress!

Blood pressure with 1/2 a hydrochlorothiazide was 111/64 on first day, and 107/73 yesterday. I tested three times and used the highest reading because I would rather stay on it a few days or weeks longer than stop and have my blood pressure go up. I'll do the same today and if it is still under 120/80 then I'll stick with that. Even though the office is closed on Monday I can go in and get a reading completely without that medication, and if it is a good reading I will not take it on the day of my doctor visit.

Weight today at the gym was 173.6 pounds and my fasting reading was 109 mg/dL.

On January 16 I will reduce my lifting to 3 sets of 15 reps and increase slowly.

For now this is what I'm doing with 3 sets of 20 reps.
Leg Press 110
Ab Machine 50
Back Extension 90
Lat Pulldown 50
Chest Press 50
Overhead Press 30
Rows 50 (added this week)

I took some progress pics and will start posting those soon. I didn't take any at start up as I wasn't sure where I was going with all of this then. I don't feel fat yet I've obviously passed my personal fat threshold (the weight where your body accumulates too much internal fat and causes problems). My diet and exercise routine has the goal of improving my blood pressure and insulin resistance. If I look "better" by traditional standards that would be more of a side-effect than a goal.

I'm listening to this cast about Intermittent Fasting right now. I'm learning and re-learning a lot. Let me know if there's anything specific you'd like me to share here.

Keep at it!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?