Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy 2010!

I had the privilege of reading "The Spirit Level" over the holidays thanks to my awesome daughter and son.

I've been listening to the radio some while I was officially off work and noticed that there was so much attention placed on a failed bombing attempt and very little to issues of equity in our society (Not that THAT issue gets much coverage anyway). It reminded me something I learned in some class - that media doesn't tell you what to think, but what to think about.

So my resolution is to use the blogs I write for to present information on equity and health for 2010. I may start to sound like a broken record, but it may be useful. I started on Facebook. Interesting how people know very well the arguments against equity. There was one about equity only works in small societies. Another said democracy was a utopian dream. And another that greed is all the way down to our cells. It's going to be an interesting year!

Keep Lefting!!!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?