Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Letter to Change.gov

I wrote a letter to change.gov

Here is the text:

Essentially my vision for the country is of family. A family that cares for each other. One that sees that caring requiring responsibility to act, and to act with strength.

I see a country rich enough that no one should be working for a living and still having to deal with below-poverty-wages. I see a country where corporations do not charge people in order to keep them from attaining health care. I see a country where fairness rules and everyone has access enough to run for office if they choose, and the ability for voter choice to have many options in finding someone that truly represents their interests.

I envision an America where everyone pays their fair share of taxes for the benefits we expect. I envision an America where everyone has the opportunity for a quality education. I envision an America where unions are supported in organizing for workers' rights.

I look forward to a society where government lives up to its moral responsibilities in serving all and reducing the inequalities that cause so many illnesses. I look forward to a society where all neighborhoods have adequate resources so they can be healthy and safe. I look forward to poison-free communities.

My vision is that government lives up to its responsibilities in order that those of us who are not elected officials know our voices will have impact. My vision is that government is moral and eliminates the barriers to participation at all levels. My vision is that government is caring, responsible and strong enough to serve everyone, including the homeless family, the recent immigrants, and those struggling to make ends meet.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?