Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Felizidades Albuquerque!!!

Wow! Thousands came out for the May Day Immigrant Rights event yesterday in Albuquerque!

There were youth performers, speakers, and dancers. It was extremely positive and upbeat. I hope it builds toward a real workers' rights movement in this country, because our unions have their hands tied by laws against general strikes, sympathy strikes and other effective tactics.

My kids' group performed, I spoke a little, and the kids helped keep the peace at the event. I saw lots of people from various areas pulling together and it was just overall wonderful! I'm tired, but happy!

There may have been up to 8,000 people here in Albuquerque, which is great! It would be the largest demonstration that I can remember. It took a half hour to get the whole march out of the park and out to the road. At least 6 border crossings were closed, and there were demonstrations in all kinds of places.

I'll post images as I get them! Here's the Boycott story in the local paper.

KEEP FIGHTING!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?