Monday, May 08, 2006

5/8/06 - Perspective

Doing OK. Maintaining. Ran 3 miles on Saturday. 1 today. Will start lifting again on May 22nd.

* * *
When people look at my neighborhood they see "The War Zone." I see kids trying to figure out life. Parents working hard to make ends meet. Birds, flowers, trees, and families busting their butts to have a better life.

Sure I see the prostitutes and dealers. But I know I have no right to judge. Doesn't mean that they don't have problems with me. But I still respect them as human beings.

Anyway. Just noticing lately that people are trying to get me to see negative where I see positive and vice versa. The "reality" as far as it feels today is that "I was born alone, and when I go out, I'll go out alone..." For the most part alone is what I want for right now.

* * *
Played a gig in Roswell this weekend. Had a really great crowd response. People wanted autographs, CDs, pictures, etc... It was really cool. I even had a couple of women ask if I was spending the night in Roswell, and one woman offered to give me a ride back to Albuquerque!

KEEP LIFTING!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?