Wednesday, April 26, 2006

4/26/06

Jogged for 15 minutes today. I had two Carne Adovada burritos, fries and root beer last night for dinner. I now realize that the days of that being my "diet" are over! The discomfort of eating that way isn't worth it. I'm also up a little weight this morning.

Deep fried foods, pizza, and soda are pretty much gonna have to be out of my diet from now on. Not that I can't indulge every once in awhile, but its definately not worth the cost in feeling sluggish and tapa'o.

Sleeping better will help also. Again if it wasn't for working out, I'd probably be an emotional wreck - right now I'm just kind of an emotional fender bender!

I used to think that I didn't have enough time for working out. I now realize that I don't have enough to NOT workout!!! I'll keep writing about that as a theme. I know so many people who have harsh health problems and a lot of it relates to stress and not taking care of themselves.

* * *
Anyway, had a nice family talk last night. I let the kids know that they aren't living the life I wanted for them. I was hoping to be the last substance abuser and hoped that I had broken that cycle. But it is a lot harder being a kid now a days, and I have to give them that.

Even though I sometimes "feel" like a failure, I'm much more conscious about my success in life and that those around me notice that I'm a good guy all around. Becky, Smacking, MR and others are great at the positive reinforcement. But most importantly I'm figuring out how to quit beating MYSELF up. I guess I'm an emotional "penitente."

Oh, congratulations to MR for getting back into the workout routine!
And congratulations to SkinnyGirl on her new bathing suit.

KEEP LIFTING & KEEP RUNNING!!!

Comments:
AWWW!! Thank you!!! *blush*
Tu eres tan lindo.
xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?