Thursday, March 23, 2006

Role-Modeling Through Movies?

I'm working with groups of young men, and one exercise I'm looking at is called "modeling" - where you take someone and model yourself after them. What I'm trying to do is get them out of their normal patterns of behavior because often they get limited into only acting one way - this would be a chance to rehearse outside of that. Your ideas on what makes a good person should be as good as mine.

So I'd like to ask you who your favorite movie character is and why? Is there a favorite scene? What is it about that scene? (You can post or send an email)

(You could also do these answers for female characters as well, since I'll probably do a group with young women at some point in the future.)

What I'll do is take scenes and put them into a working video and see how it works for me, if its helpful, then I'll share it with the young people and see how it works for them. I'd make different videos for males and females.

Thank You!

OPTIONAL
You could also give examples by particular emotions/characteristics such as

Joy
Happiness
Confidence
Success
Love
Sexiness
Helpful
Flexible
Attractiveness
Caring
Power
Strength
Influence
Fun
Talent
Determination
Excitement
Freedom
Intelligence
Healing
Tenacity
etc...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?