Thursday, December 08, 2005

12/8/05

I am sitting here listening to the Beatles "Rubber Soul" album. Thinking about John. I remember I was in Oregon when he was gunned down. My parents' Compadre Meño was all torn up. He is a huge Beatles fan. It messed me up to. I remember listening to tons of weekend and overnight specials on the Beatles after that.

Anyway, besides that. I read one of the most beautiful posts on Smacking. It is one of those things where bringing the pain of something to the surface is wonderful and healing. At least that's what I hope it will be.

Its been interesting in talking with youth about their stuff. Yesterday in talking with the young guys I'm working with and to hear them try to avoid the fact that watching a friend die, or be shot, or something like that as a big deal is sadly funny. What we do to young people is definately criminal. Its just too bad.

I keep thinking of Tookie Williams. A lot of it has to do with the fact that some of my family has also been in San Quentin. A few of them there while he's been there.

Anyway, have to run and do some things. I'll probably workout after work tomorrow. Its driving me nuts not to be working out.

Oh, guess check out The Tyranny of Free Trade.

KEEP LIFTING!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?