Monday, November 14, 2005

11/14/05 Catching Up

FRIDAY:
Had an awesome workout. Squatted 170 for 3 sets of 8. I'll keep going up 5 to 10 pounds depending on how strong I'm feeling. My goal will be to keep at sets of 8 for awhile.

Figured since I had the day off, I'd push it. So I went for burn on the leg extensions and curls. A little lighter weight but more reps. I was still feeling it last night! I was wiped and couldn't really push my arms, mostly because I didn't rest long enough. I was trying to keep shorter rest periods.

Did some walking on both Saturday and Sunday with my wife. That was nice. We get talk and move around all at the same time.

TODAY:
Did a light but high rep deadlift workout. I'll be going up 20 pounds a week until I'm at sets of 5. I was doing sets of 12 today with 110 pounds. Next week I'll see how much I can get with 130, and so on.

* * *
Had a nice weekend. We're not sure about the kids staying in voice class. The teacher doesn't listen very well to what we'd like.

We went Saturday to a graduate recital for a friend in Viola at the university. It was really cool. The kids thought it was cool, but still nodded off at times. She had worked on some of those songs for 3 years!!! Puts things in perspective.

Wrote a "Study" for piano and guitar yesterday. It wasn't as hard as I thought, and it actually sounds allright. Its not complicated or anything like that, but it should be a good start with the kids.

Also going through this jazz composition book. Just getting ideas. My voice has been scratchy so I haven't done as much as the sightsinging as I'd like. I'll get back on it this week.

Bueno, this Chicano has a lot more to say but it'll have to wait, got stuff to rush off to.

KEEP LIFTING!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?