Monday, October 03, 2005

10/3/05

OK, did a back and chest workout today. So 6 sets of pulldowns, 6 sets of rows, and 6 sets of benchpress. I'm actually feeling it in my arms - all that pulling and pushing I guess. Wednesday will be legs and arms. Then I'm out of town for the weekend and the next week I'll do the same, except on Wednesday and Friday.

Noticeable improvement! I think I may have popped my wrist back in April trying to bench 120 lbs. Now, I do 6 sets at 115 lbs for 10-12 reps. And I can do 3 sets of 5 with 160 lbs. I need to catch up with my back. But the squats and deadlifts will help with that. The rows and pulldowns will also work on that.

Didn't go out and run this weekend, but I was definitely up and moving about a lot!

* * *
OK, so its bad enough that most kids, including mine, will experiment with stuff. But when your sister is the supplier of booze that's too much! I was at a gig and she went home by the time I got back to the family party. She apologized to my wife, but hasn't called me. Very pissed, and don't know exactly what to do. The immaturity of some of my family - the ones who didn't see it as a big deal became clear.

The question is how to deal with it. Drinking, and smoking is a big part of the family and I don't want to do like others and avoid people all together, but I gotta figure out how to make it work for my family.

Obviously kids are grounded for a couple of weeks.

Bills are at the point where I'm starting to second guess my idea about becoming a house dad, but I think I'm gonna have to hold out.

And then there's Bush's Push To Conserve Energy! Should I laugh or cry!?!?

Elections are tomorrow in Albuquerque. I'm NOT voting for Mayor Marty (Martín when he's Mexican) think I'm gonna have to go with Griego. I'm voting for the increase in minimum wage, even though they are going to low ($7.50) its better than nothing. I'm voting for the public financing of elections, and voting NO for the voter ID.

Been having a hard time sticking to the diet. Beer is out, but next target is the sodas. I'm doing better, but will be even better off when they are out all together.

Gigs went well. The Arts & Crafts Fair was nice, but the crowd didn't seem to match with us. The audience at the Range in Bernalillo wasn't as great either - but hopefully we'll pack the house for our final gig there on October 14th! The house party was really nice. Got to notice that there's some vibe thing happening. We're getting all kinds of requests for info about gigs that we weren't getting when we assumed we would stick together. Now that we're disbanding everyone wants us to play!!! I said it was like when I first got married and then all these women hit on me that barely talked to me before then.

Played at a rodeo out in the mountains on Sunday. That was fun. They drove us out on a trailer and everything! My homie said if you ever have doubts about Chicanos go to the rodeos in the mountains and your faith will be restored. He was right! People asked to buy CDs but we didn't take any.

OH, at work someone sent me this link
A Snapshot of Teens, looks interesting...

Bueno Pues, guess that's all for now.

As always - KEEP LIFTING!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?