Thursday, October 27, 2005

10/27/05 Goodbyes

Talked with a friend who is going to India for a few months. That will make 4 people I know over there during this time period.

It was sad. This person and her partner are a good presence for me in the neighborhood. We got to talk about stuff and how we could still be somewhat childlike with each other and that's what is special. She commented that she liked that I was taking care of myself with more music stuff like that. She reminded me that no single one of us IS "la causa." It was good, felt like crying, but that still not totally easy for me to do.

I'm already looking forward to their return and hope they move back to the neighborhood. I don't have to seem them all the time, but knowing they are there has been very helpful. I love these people lots. They have good relationships with my wife and kids too! Can't beat that.

THEN

Mezcla Latina had its last gig last night. The gig was alright. But it was definitely emotional for us to pack up the equipment for the last time together as a group. I love them a lot.

I am actually hoping that we could get together and do a CD even though we are not performing anymore. 3 songs each would give us 12 songs. It would be good. But it should be in the future. Its definitely time for a break.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?