Wednesday, October 26, 2005

10/26/05

Benched today. Got 115 up 20 times and got excited. But I didn't realize that was gonna slow me down in lifting the heavier weights. That or because I put the rack guards on - these are longer bars that would hold the weight for me in case I couldn't do a full lift.

They are good for safety, but because I am so short they require me to do two lifts. One is an angled lift to get the bar up, because to not hit the safety bars I have to be further away from the rack. So I have to do this angle thing first, then the bench press. OK, enough for whining. It only took me down 10 pounds. I think I'll be lifting lighter for higher repetitions for awhile. The rest of my workout went well. Shoulder seemed a little tight, but no strange popping in my back! That's nice.

Still going up slowly in weight. But I don't think I'm getting "fatter." I'll obviously keep an eye on it. Also I'll do a little bit harder cardio tomorrow and see if I can get out to sprint on Saturday.

* * *
This guy is trying to recruit me to help him with some gigs, but I'm hoping to enjoy a little time off and time to focus on the two groups I'm still playing with right now.

Yesterday to get to a gig that didn't happen. This is what my life FEELS like most of the time, but this was a condensed version and I'll share for my venting purposes. OK, I went to a lunch for a co-worker and had to leave early - then the guilt trip from the staff for leaving early. Got to the meeting I was leaving early for, late. Guilt trip for that. Then I facilitate a meeting from hell. Get back to my office and head out to take my son to a dental appointment. Appointment takes longer than we thought. I rush back to get him to a youth meeting. I'm feeling tired so I go to the corner store to get a quick soda and some chips to contribute to the youth meeting. The woman is new and doesn't know how to run the card swiping machine. So that takes a long time. When I get back to my house there's a cop right across the street with a gun out pointed at one of the neighbors. I'm kinda watching what's going on in case I need to tell people at my house to duck and I'm starting to load up for this gig. I get loaded up and realize that I don't have my bass amp! I drive across town to pick up the amp, of course because of the quick soda its right in the middle of rush hour now. I make it through the construction get the amp. Get through the construction on the way back across town and find out the gig was not last night, but tonight.

Luckily during the drive I had already decided - should I stay stressed and hurt myself or should I laugh it off? I went with laughing it off (not my usual). I was even thinking that even though this group was breaking up we should do a final album together. We'll see how tonight goes.

Had a team meeting on Monday at work. And kinda got ribbed about getting into shape. It was the good kind of ribbing, but still awkward. Kinda fun and kinda weird. Also got to take a good look at where I am accomplishing stuff at work. Almost started thinking about not quitting next year. Its good though, I've kinda been stuck in feeling useless or something like that. What fun, no? What's a Chicano to do - I was raised around manual laborers who didn't see office jobs or music as "real" work - even though many of them were also musicians.

Gonna post all of the political stuff separately.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?