Thursday, October 20, 2005

10/20/05

Recovering from a cold. No workout this morning.

I feel like crap physically, but still feel OK on some level.

My calves are sore, my chest is sore, and luckily my back is no longer sore. And tomorrow is squat day!!!

Thanks for the compliment Robert. Setting a personal record while trying to lose weight is pretty good. I don't know if I'm "dieting" exactly. I'm just trying to eat more small meals. 4-7 meals a day is tough sometimes. I've kinda fallen off of that wagon, but not giving up. I cheat a lot though. I need to commit fully to eating cleaner.

* * *
Saw my little sister yesterday. She didn't say anything to me but I hugged her and said I'd buy her lunch 'cause we gotta talk.

The family conversation is semi-started. That's nice. I think I'm gonna write an open letter to my siblings.

I sucked rocks at practice last night. Hopefully I'll sound better at our gig on Tuesday.

There's a program on KUNM about "Latino" health. They talk about health disparities. I'm happy that this is a public discussion. What sucks is that they focus on access to health care. To me doctors and such are very important, but its the wrong focus. The question should be why do Chicanos, Indigenous peoples, African-Americans, Asians, etc. get sick more often. Focusing on health care (after your sick) is like building more jails to prevent crime. They talk about mental health therapy, but don't talk about the fact that you often send someone to a sick environment and expect their therapy to get better... Anyway, that's my rant for the moment.

I think if they gave everyone a living wage at 30 hours with benefits, you'd have a healthier community all the way around.

KEEP LIFTING!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?