Friday, September 09, 2005

9/9/05

Squat Day! Freakin' A.... Did 165 lbs. I'm trying to keep track of my form, but its hard, its something that someone watching has to do. But I'm trying to stay aware that I keep my knees from going in front of my toes.

Also did leg extensions and curls as supersets at 50 lbs. Then finished with 3 sets of calf raises with 50 lbs. 2 sets of 15 and one set of 30. I'm experimenting now. I've read all kinds of things where people try and give you an answer, "the way." I'm giving up on that. I'm going with variety. It keeps things interesting, fun, and is a good way to challenge yourself. For the short term I'm sticking with deadlift, bench and squat as a foundation, but will be changing up my assistance exercises (exercises that work the muscles indirectly used in the mentioned lifts).

Actually felt good about starting my workout today. Hopefully I'll start getting to bed earlier. It's hard to get up at 5:30, I often end up crawling out around 6. My wife and I have showered together for the whole 15 years we've been married. But since this summer that's become irregular due to workouts and such.

Plan on going to do some jogging and sprinting tomorrow.

* * *
Talked with the kids. As moral support I'm quitting drinking.

They are performing at the State Fair today. I perform on Sunday at 2pm in the Spanish Villiage.

KEEP LIFTING!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?