Friday, September 02, 2005

9/2/05 Workout and Katrina

Was out of it this morning. So I just did the 5 sets of 5 squats. Gotta drive tonight and play this morning/afternoon! 173.2!!! Man, I'm gonna have to figure out what's going on. I think it's a combination of burning the candle at both ends, stress, and being rushed enough to eat fast food!!!!

Taking sweats and running shoes to California, maybe I'll be able to run a little bit to help me burn off the stress of the situation.

* * *
Was wondering how long before it became a big story. But I had noticed from day one that the coverage on Katrina was funny in a strange way. The stories I was hearing from some stations seemed to focus on white people. But the footage looked like lots of black people stuck. Also watching Mexican TV you get to see things that aren't always shown in US TV.

It also seemed, though I don't know for sure, that the highest points of New Orleans are the white part of town, and those most underwater were the darker parts of town. Again, since I've never been there I'm not sure, just what it looks like - either the truth or some evil "liberal bias."

Given the amount of wreckage you'd think Georgie boy would have put on his rescue suit and gone out at least for pictures. I guess the picture of him looking out of AF1 at 5,000ft was supposed to be good enough.

Keep Lifting!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?