Tuesday, August 30, 2005

8/30/05 Quote

In case you get bumbed out by the other quotes here's an "inspirational" one!

"I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game-winning shot... and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that's precisely why I succeed."

-Michael Jordan

And from the same article...

Here's A Short List Of A Few People That Once Failed:

The game Monopoly was originally rejected for containing 52 fundamental errors. Today the game is so successful that Parker Brothers prints more than $60 billion of Monopoly money each year.

Michael Jordan was cut from his High School Basketball Team for his lack of talent.

Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times (but he also hit 714 home runs)

Steven Spielberg dropped out of high school in his sophomore year. He was persuaded to come back and placed in a learning disabled class. He lasted a month.

Beethoven's music teacher once told him that as a composer, he was hopeless.

Winston Churchill failed the 6th grade.

John Creasy, the English novelist who wrote 564 books, was rejected 753 times before he became established.

Charles Darwin's father told him he would amount to nothing and would be a disgrace to himself and his family.

Walt Disney was fired by the editor of a newspaper because he, Disney, had "no good ideas".

When Thomas Edison was a boy his teacher told him he was too stupid to learn anything.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?