Friday, August 19, 2005

8/19/05 Rut Breaking!!!

Feeling in a HUGE rut. At work, at home, and in my workouts. Since I need the job to pay for the home, which holds my workout equipment, I broke the rut at the workout area. I didn't feel motivated AT ALL to workout this morning.

But I did.

I ended up doing the three core powerlifting lifts; Deadlift, Squat, and Bench Press. I'm thinking I'll do this again Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday (since I'm out of town on Friday). I did 5 sets of each and changed the weight to try and figure out what I should stop at. For deadlifts I did 5 sets of 5 with 70, 110, 120, 130, then 140 lbs. The 110 felt really hard, but the 120 felt easier. But the 130 and 140 kicked my butt! All the muscles that bug me when I'm doing house or yardwork felt crappy during the lift. I hope I'm doing these right.

Then on to Squats. I've been doing these so it didn't start too bad. 5 sets of 5 also. First 95, then 115, 135, 145, and finally 155 lbs. The 155 was killer, but not maxed out. I'll know if I can walk at all tomorrow that I can go up! =)

On to benching with the bar. I haven't done a barbell bench press since April when I was told I had carpal tunnel. I've gotten up to 80lbs (40 on each side) with dumbbells. Here's what I got 5x65lbs, then 5x85, 5x95, 5x105. Then I put on 110 and was still feeling pretty good so I went for 10 repetitions!

I'll know tomorrow if this is gonna take me out of basic things like walking or breathing...

Weighed in at 170.8 today, see how I'm doing on Monday.

So, how was YOUR workout today? (for those of you wanting reminders!!!)

KEEP LIFTING!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?