Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Amish Tech?

Found this article Amish Tech online of course!

Reading it is interesting went to a couple of other pages. I feel lazy and spoiled. Maybe that's the purpose of "society"!?

What I liked best about the article is the community choosing how they would deal with different technologies. Somehow I've always felt that technological "advancement" wasn't the same as human advancement. I know that Yaquis often ignored technology given to them because they didn't want it to change their character. Sounds like that is what the Amish do too.

I'm gonna try and have my kids read it and see what they say. I sometimes have fantasies of being self-reliant to a greater extreme - kinda Amish I guess - but my habits are to technology oriented... Guess its something to consider.

Over vacation I pondered opening a small business and giving up TV. Maybe its time. Add comments with your thoughts on this please because good dialogue is always helpful.

Amor y Rebeldia!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?