Friday, June 10, 2005

Healthy Warriors Meeting

People asked for a meeting around health. I called one and asked people to RSVP. No one did, but I went to the park anyway. Got to watch to white cops harass a Mexicano in a very demeaning and humiliating way.

BUT, there were about 8 people who said they were interested but unable to meet. Not bad for an email meeting. I remember reading a book about organizing once and I was reading a chapter about meetings. I was sitting on the porch of someone's house waiting for them so we could set up for a meeting. I was reading and came across a section that said everyone has meetings that no one shows up to. Sure enough, the guy who's house it was didn't even show up! (And now he's a pro-colonial, fascist professor at UNM!)

I'll work with those that reached out via email and see what people are willing to do. And I'll keep watching out around the house for all of this crazy police activity that I've been noticing. There's a CopWatch in Albuquerque now, but I understand that they are going to focus on Downtown. Hopefully someday they'll come into my neighborhood which is the most "diverse" in the state.

Oh, I'm supposed to be on www.kunm.org (FM 89.9 in NM) today at 8 or 8:30. It was pre-recorded and I had to make up something about the report for today's meeting. Awkward but fun!

Please feel free to comment!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?