Monday, June 20, 2005

Fathers' Day Recovery!

Had a great fathers day. Two of my nieces spent the night and they helped my kids work on the back yard. Cut most of the weeds and raked stuff up. I'll be putting out some grass seeds tonight and again at the end of summer.

I planted a bunch of plants in the front yard. And looked at the garden, looks like we might get some good salad this year.

Called a couple of my uncles and a couple of my brother in laws, tried to reach my brothers. Not bad.

One of my sisters came over. Me and the kids spent the rest of the afternoon watching the Godfather. They had never seen it and I kept telling them when parts of other movies, or the Simpsons, made references to it, so they were happy to check it out. Probably not as happy as I was. My wife started the BBQ toward the end of the movie and then I sat out back flipping chicken-ca-bobs and hamburgers. It was a good day. Then, to finish things off there was two episodes of the Simpons on!

I drank too much beer though.

This mornings workout was insanely hard. I figured out that my Monday workouts are probably the hardest, and I take them with the least amount of rest! I was sweating up a storm and feeling the drinking. At least I went to sleep early. I did break my PR for Leg Extensions and Leg Curls. But my back and chest exercises are still working up slowly. Actually I went down 1 rep on my rows/flyes set. I'll have to try and keep myself in good shape next weekend. I even went up a pound!

I did "cheat" more on my diet this week than most others. I'll have to get back on track. I'm gonna see if I can get a couple of things for the garage. On Saturday my kids helped me clear out some more space in the garage, not a lot, but enough to keep the boxes out of the way during my dumbbell bench press.

Keep Lifting, even with a headache! =)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?